Unfortunately we cannot offer visa sponsorship for this role.
CAD-IT is a global dynamic software sales and consulting company focusing primarily on industrial aftermarket, Service Lifecycle Management (SLM) and Augmented Reality application in Service. We provide cutting edge expertise in technical publications solutions and content creation & management, AR and Industrial IoT, working across a wide variety of industrial sectors.
We are presently seeking to fill a Body SERP Engineer & Author role within an established team working with a major OEM in an Upstream Service environment. This opportunity is perfect for an enthusiastic, passionate and process driven Graduate Engineer (or individuals with other similar learning credentials) with good IT skills and first-hand experience of automotive workshop body repairs.
- Undertaking virtual and physical service assessments of new vehicle designs with a view to ensuring body serviceability is in line with customer requirements.
- Generating technical reports based upon these assessments and working with Service specialists to feedback potential body serviceability issues to the vehicle designers.
- Representing the Service organisation as the ‘customers’ voice’ to the design engineering communities, and project-managing Body SERP participation in all stages of the product development lifecycle.
- Working alongside engineering to maximise body repairability of new vehicle projects, making sure repair methods are available and defined.
- Provide support for new and existing body special service tool development.
- Authoring 2D CAD illustrated Body Repair Manuals for current and future vehicle programmes.
- Vehicle body workshop experience is key. Body SERP analysis in essence involves replicating workshop service operations in a digital engineering environment. A good understanding of the latest vehicle technologies and having a feel for realistic work parameters in service operations is a must.
- Experience of vehicle body diagnosis and repair and a broad knowledge of vehicle systems and workshop practices.
- Excellent communication and a customer focussed approach are essential. All of our engineers work directly with our customers, so a tenacious and can-do attitude towards our (and their) business is imperative, as well as consideration for health and safety, risks and accessibility.
- Excellent computer skills are required, and experience of working in the 3D digital environment would be a bonus. Use of CAD and CAD visualisation tools are an important part of the day-to-day role of a Body SERP Engineer & Author, and we do offer training in these areas.
- First class project management skills and excellent organisation are key – your responsibilities will include implementing and understanding how your work will interact with a vehicle programme’s product development lifecycle.
- A relevant qualification in Body Repairability.
- Full Driving License.
While not essential, experience of the following would be an advantage:
- Customer facing experience & presentation abilities.
Starting salary and supporting benefits are very competitive and, joining CAD-IT UK, you will be working within an engaging and supportive team environment which places clear focus on your needs and aspirations.
- Private Health Insurance
- Hybrid working
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Free parking
- CAD-IT Mental Health Support Group
- The opportunity to join our Culture Committee
- Companywide and team social events, plus more!
|Job Title||Body Serviceability Engineer|
|Salary||Dependent on experience|
|Location||Gaydon and Daventry – Hybrid working, on site and work-from-home|
|Job Type||Full time, permanent|