CAD-IT are seeking a Technical Author to join a friendly and collaborative team, to develop, write and deliver technical documentation for a well-known Automotive OEM.
You will join a business who deliver technical publications for a range of leading automotive, aerospace, rail, industrial, construction and agricultural manufacturing customers.
We are interested in individuals with relevant qualifications and/or experience in related vehicle engineering, electrical, mechanical, diagnostic, body repair or technical documentation fields.
- You must have experience or confidence in dealing with automotive electrical and/or mechanical systems and other technical information.
- Flexible with the ability to multi-task, work proactively, independently and manage multiple projects is essential.
- A knowledge of XML, HTML, Microsoft programmes like Excel, Word, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, CAD modelling software and CMS systems is a distinct advantage.
- The ability to conduct yourself professionally in a customer facing environment, and to liaise confidently with engineers and senior management is important.
- Being pragmatic and imaginative and with the ability to think laterally in solving problems and delivering solutions is essential.
This role is focused on one or more of the following workstreams:
- 3D electrical and/or guided diagnostic information or flows
- Text and illustration-based service communications
- 2D CAD illustrated workshop manual and/or process engineering
- Serviceability Evaluation and Repair Processes
- 3D Illustrated Parts Catalogues
- 2D Illustrated eLearning Modules
- The author must undertake R&D, confirm requirements, interrogate technical data, drawings, diagrams, CAD models and other information.
- Liaise with engineers to confirm details and achieve sign-off, and liaise with customer representatives to manage project deadlines/expectations.
- Private Health Insurance
- Stakeholder pension
- Hybrid working
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Long Service Award scheme
- Free parking
- CAD-IT Mental Health & Wellbeing Support Group
- CAD-IT Culture Committee
- Companywide and team social events, plus more!
You will be joining a dynamic and ambitious global team, committed to working together to deliver a program of growth and technical excellence. Joining our enterprise means coming on board with a capable and well-supported team of technical professionals.