Workshop Manual Technical Author
Based in Daventry, Northamptonshire
Salary: Dependent on experience
CAD-IT UK Ltd is seeking to fill a Workshop Manual Technical Author role. This role will be based at the CAD-IT facility in Northamptonshire on a permanent basis, working with an established Technical Publications team.
This opportunity is a perfect entry level role for graduate engineers looking to find a way into the automotive industry working with household name OEM’s and an established tier 1 supplier with a proven track record in developing our employees’ careers.
Your responsibilities working as a Workshop Manual Technical Author will include:
- Analysing and documenting repair processes using CAD data and SRTD (Service
Repair Time Database)
- Liaising as necessary with SST (Special Service Tool) developers, upstream service co- ordinators, automotive engineers, technicians and After Sales personnel to properly scope a given repair method
- Time each service repair procedure using a selection of synthetic time elements
- Once the method has been derived, use image manipulation software to annotate CAD images showing each step of the procedure. These are then uploaded to SRTD where they can be aligned with correct steps
- On the rare occasions where it is not possible to generate a procedure digitally then the author may be required to conduct a trial on a pre-production vehicle to make sure that methods are accurate and timed correctly.
We are looking for intelligent, proactive and process driven graduates (or individuals with other similar learning credentials) with good IT skills and first-hand experience of automotive workshop repairs, ideally as a dealer technician.
- Hands-on vehicle workshop experience is key. Workshop Manual authoring in essence involves replicating workshop service operations in a digital engineering environment.
- Having a feel for realistic work parameters in service operations is a must.
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills are essential. All of our engineers work directly with our customers.
- A tenacious and can do approach to our (and their) business is imperative.
- Excellent computer skills are important and experience of working in the 3D digital environment is helpful.
- Use of CAD and CAD visualisation tools are an important part of the day-to-day role of a Workshop Manual Technical Author, but we do offer training in these areas.
- First class organisational and project management skills; you will need to be
organised because in time your responsibilities will include understanding and implementing how your work will interact with a vehicle programme’s product development lifecycle.
- Ambition: we want you to be an active participant in a team focused on the
quick development of skills that will enable CADIT UK to grow as a business
and as a team.
Starting salary and supporting benefits are very competitive and, joining CADIT UK, you will be working within an engaging and supportive team environment which places clear focus on your needs and aspirations.
Teamcenter Consultant USA
Based: Working from home but must be available for travel in the USA and abroad
Status: Full time permanent employee preferred
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
CAD-IT is a dynamic consulting company based in the UK with a global reach, focusing primarily on Service Lifecycle Management (SLM). We are presently seeking a Teamcenter Consultant to work with our SLM team. In this role you will be a subject matter expert in Teamcenter. You will have substantial experience of using the Teamcenter tools, from administration, configuration, development, and upgrades. You must be a highly competent industry professional, able to support the business and our customers by delivering a variety of services.
You will be responsible for supporting the PLM/SLM team providing support across both groups. Responsibilities also include working with the business during requirement capturing, and delivering cost effective, supportable technical application solutions that meet the business’s plans.
Essential Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- User Knowledge of Teamcenter, ideally from v10 upwards
- Experience of codeless configuration using BMIDE
- Experience of customization, such as Workflow Handlers
- Working knowledge of Teamcenter implementations
- Experience in Teamcenter architecture
- Experience of administration modules such as Access Manager/Workflow Designer
- Database and Systems admin experience
- Experience of Information Systems and Server/Client Infrastructure
- Experience of supporting software implementations and upgrades
Additional Desirable Skills
Excellent communication skills
- Good UNIX and Windows server/client skills
- Awareness of virtualisation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Not afraid to suggest new methods and processes where identified and ability to carry these through to proof of concept
Starting salary and supporting benefits are very competitive and you will be working with an engaging and supportive team which places clear focus on your needs and aspirations.
Sales Executive USA
Location: USA, ideally located near major airport hub
Salary & Package: Dependent on experience
CAD-IT is a dynamic consulting company focusing primarily on PLM, aftermarket profitability and the SLM (Service Lifecycle Management) sector. With offices worldwide, we have a global reach and are partners with Siemens PLM, Cortona3D, Casebank Technologies, Tetra4D, Synertial and Just Systems.
We provide cutting edge expertise and consultation in the Service space. Technical publications solutions, advanced diagnostics, augmented reality, motion capture, content creation and management, working across a wide variety of industrial sectors.
In order to build upon this success and our growing presence in the USA, we require a proven Sales and Business Development professional who can add significant value to the operation through solution sales in SME and Enterprise businesses. This role also offers the successful candidate the opportunity to grow into the Sales Management lead for the USA to support our ambitious growth plans.
Expectations & measures of success in this role
The Sales/Business Development Executive will take ownership of their territory and proactively and seamlessly drive the rest of the team (project management, consultants, technical team and partners) to ensure a positive and repeatable process.
You will develop current relationships, expand sales and develop new opportunities. You should possess high intellectual curiosity with the drive and initiative to be a self-starter. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and be experienced at tailoring approach and messaging to customers and situation.
- High value business development: winning enterprise level and significant value business to ensure the continued development of our market share in the region
- Pro-active sales activities of SLM and PLM products and services:
- seeking out and winning business from new and existing clients
- developing key accounts
- organising events and promoting CAD-IT at conferences, trade shows and Siemens events
- Ensuring excellent customer care and service through the presentation of products to new and existing clients and interested parties
- Identifying, suggesting and facilitating any necessary changes or strategic redirection to ensure the success of our operations and business development
- Project planning and managing of resources: ensuring both client expectations are met (or exceeded) and company efficiency and targets are achieved
- Regular reporting of the regional marketplace, including competitor updates and analysis
- Supporting the preparation of product presentations
- Close co-operation with the executive management
- Awareness and co-operation with other areas of the Group
- Additional tasks as issued by the management
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experienced Business Developer within PLM or SLM related field
- Must have enterprise level sales experience
- A process oriented, consultative sales approach
- Experienced in managing a sales operation would be beneficial
- Structured and focused on operation methods as well as a strong strategic business understanding
- Target oriented and proven record of success in generating new business
- Experience in the Service/Aftersales area
The position directly reports to the CAD-IT executive management.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Routine status reporting
- Reliable sales forecasting
You will be joining a dynamic and ambitious team, committed to working together to deliver a programme of growth and technical excellence. We promote honest engagement, careful and transparent client qualification, and success based on trust, genuine benefits for all parties, and clear recognition of clients' and partners' business drivers and requirements.
Remuneration will be competitive and supported by a clear delineation of plans towards development. We approach sales as collaborative and carefully-planned activity that benefits from technical and professional strengths drawn from our team. Joining our enterprise means coming on board with a capable and well-supported team of PLM professionals.